SoFi is a leader in marketplace lending and the largest provider of student loan refinancing, with more than $13 billion in loans issued and more than 200,000 borrowers. $6.65 million in loans were issued to TDA members to date!
- No application or origination fees, no pre-payment penalty
- 0.125% rate discount when you apply through SoFi.com/TDAPerks
- Refinance both federal and private loans (or parts of them, if you prefer)
- Quick, easy online application process
For more information and to start an application with an additional .125% rate reduction, please visit SoFi.com/TDAPerks (available to family and friends).
Things you’ll need
SoFi’s quick pre-approval process lets you know if you qualify before you complete the full application. To receive a quote, you’ll need to gather the following information.
- School(s) attended
- Total amount of loans
- SSN (for a preliminary credit check)
- Driver’s license
- Passport (if you have private loans only)
- Utility bill
- Pay stub, or tax return if self-employed
- 10 day pay off amounts for existing loans (see explanation below)
What does “10-day pay off amounts for existing loans” mean?
Loan balances are calculated on a daily basis. This would cause a problem, for example, if you’re told you owe $1,000 and mail a check that day that’s deposited 4 days later. To deal with this, a lender has to provide a fixed number that, if paid off within 10 days, the borrower will pay without having to be concerned about daily loan-balance fluctuations.
*Average savings calculation is based on all SoFi Dental members who refinanced their student loans between 1/1/15 and 12/31/15. The savings calculation is derived by taking the estimated lifetime cost of existing student loans minus the lifetime cost of SoFi loans upon refinancing for SoFi members who refinanced their student loans.
SoFi’s average savings methodology for student loan refinancing assumes:
1) members’ interest rates do not change over time (projections for variable rates are static at the time of the refinancing and do not reflect actual movement of rates in the future
2) members make all payments on time
3) members do not prepay loans
4) members take advantage of AutoPay, which enables them to lower the APR of their loan by 0.25%.
SoFi’s average savings methodology for student loan refinancing excludes refinancings in which
1) members elect SoFi loans with longer maturity than their existing student loans
2) the term length of the member’s original student loan(s) is greater than 25 years
3) the member did not provide correct or complete information regarding his or her outstanding balance, loan type, APR, or current monthly payment. SoFi excludes the above refinancings in an effort to maximize transparency on how we calculate our average savings amount and to minimize the risk of member data error skewing the average saving amount.