SoFi is a leader in marketplace lending and the largest provider of student loan refinancing, with more than $19 billion in loans issued and more than 350,000 borrowers. SoFi has already helped TDA members refinance over $14.7 million in student loans!
- No application or origination fees, no pre-payment penalty
- A 0.125% rate discount when you register through SoFi.com/TDAPerks. (Rate discount also available to family and friends.)
- Refinance both federal and private loans (or parts of them, if you prefer)
- Quick, easy online application process
Things you’ll need
SoFi’s quick pre-approval process lets you know if you qualify before you complete the full application. To receive a quote, you’ll need to gather the following information.
- School(s) attended
- Total amount of loans
- SSN (for a preliminary credit check)
- Driver’s license
- Passport (if you have private loans only)
- Utility bill
- Pay stub, or tax return if self-employed
- 10 day pay off amounts for existing loans (see explanation below)
What does “10-day pay off amounts for existing loans” mean?
Loan balances are calculated on a daily basis. This would cause a problem, for example, if you’re told you owe $1,000 and mail a check that day that’s deposited 4 days later. To deal with this, a lender has to provide a fixed number that, if paid off within 10 days, the borrower will pay without having to be concerned about daily loan-balance fluctuations.
¹Rate discount will be issued electronically once you become a SoFi borrower; you have submitted a completed application with documents and your loan has been disbursed. Offer good for new customers only.
Terms and Conditions Apply. SOFI RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR DISCONTINUE PRODUCTS AND BENEFITS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. SoFi refinance loans are private loans and do not have the same repayment options that the federal loan program offers such as Income Based Repayment or Income Contingent Repayment or PAYE. SoFi loans not offered to residents of Nevada. Other state restrictions may apply. See eligibility requirements at sofi.com/legal. Licensed by the Department of Business Oversight under the California Finance Lender Law License No. 6054612. SoFi loans are originated by SoFi Lending Corp., NMLS # 1121636.