The indispensable free app that simplifies meeting TSBDE CE requirements, audit submissions
Before the release of the free TDA Dental Concierge app in February, staying on top of Texas State Board of Dental Examiners (TSBDE) CE requirements was a messy (and probably a stressful) task.
The app, commissioned by Texas Dental Association and TDA Perks Program, provides an easy way to keep track of completed CE courses and any requirements that remain, making submitting CE documentation to the TSBDE much easier in the event of an audit. In just a few months, the app has garnered more than 1,677 registered users who have completed more than 851 live and on-demand courses available through the app’s accompanying learning management system (LMS).
What the App Does for TDA Members
1. Tracks Completed CE, Shows What’s Needed, and Sends Reminders
TDA Dental Concierge neatly organizes all CE completion documentation for courses offered through the app, sorting them into appropriate requirement categories and storing them in a digital vault until needed.
- Information for courses completed outside the app are manually entered. Users simply upload a photo of the completion certificate, check the box for the requirement it applies toward, and enter the completion date.
- Progress toward meeting requirements is demonstrated through a color-coded dashboard where app users can see which courses and categories need to be completed and have been fulfilled.
- As deadlines approach, reminders are sent via app alerts or emails at a frequency customized by the user.
- Other compliance-related custom reminders can also be set, for example, for meeting OSHA requirements or testing x-ray equipment.
2. Offers High Quality CE Courses at Low Cost.
A comprehensive library of courses—live and pre-recorded self-study—are available at a lower cost to TDA members. TDA is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.1
For example, through January 2023, TDA Dental Concierge is offering a popular 4-hour live controlled substance course that enables dentists to meet all controlled substance CE requirements (“Safe and Effective Pain Management When Ethically Prescribing Opioids and Other Controlled Substances to Dental Patients”).
3. Helps Submission of CE Documentation to the TSBDE.
If a CE audit notice is received, app users can easily identify and compile required information for the TSBDE— documentation will be a snap.
Team Members Can Use this Tool as Well!
TDA Dental Concierge debuted its RDH and RDA modules in late May, enabling team members to access the same features as dentists: easily track completed CE and see what they lack, access quality CE, and simplify the license-renewal process.
TDA members can sign up their staff and gift it to them, or simply share the information with them. Staff pricing is $4.99/month; and instructions for signing up team members are the same as they are for dentists.
TDA Dental Concierge is available for download through Google Play and the Apple App Store free of charge for TDA members. The app is available to non-TDA members for a monthly fee of $10.
Learn more and browse through our courses at tdadentalconcierge.com.
1ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.