By Robert McDermott; President/CEO, iCoreConnect
Nearly every Texas dentist is affected by the COVID-19 shutdown. The biggest concern: no patients in the chair means no incoming revenue.
It’s important to start planning now to recover lost revenue and make a smooth return to business. Here’s how:
- Analyze your weekly lost revenue due to virus closures and disruptions. What did you bring in last year in the same weeks? This will give you a specific target.
- List your top three most profitable types of patient visits.
- Use your practice management software to create a report listing patients who have not completed needed visits in the last 6 months, and that correlate with #2.
- For open calendar slots, ask staff to prioritize patients in the report, alongside those displaced in the down weeks. You may need to consider expanding work hours.
- Use a tight task-management solution to maximize staff daily efficiency and communication.
- Set daily revenue goals and monitor in real time.
iCoreHuddle’s practice revenue optimizer is endorsed by TDA Perks Program. During the COVID-19 outbreak, iCoreConnect is making its dental revenue experts available directly to TDA members. You can schedule a free, half-hour revenue recovery planning session to talk through your specific goals.